Monday, August 29, 2011

I Love Thanksgiving--How about you
SPECIAL FOR THE MONTH
 NOVEMBER


                                          It was Abraham Lincoln who declared the celebration of Thanksgiving
                                          to be held on the last Thursday in November.  This holiday commemorates
                                          the Pilgrims's Harvest Feast held in 1621.


                                          A group of  people, known as the Pilgrims, sailed to the "new world" in 1620 on
                                          a tiny ship known as the MAYFLOWER. They shared the ship with some criminals
                                          which made an already tough journey even more difficult. Originally, there were
                                          three ships, but two of the ships had structure problems. After many attempts to
                                          sail on the three ships, the Pilgrims decided on the one.  When arriving in the
                                          "new world" after an arduous and dangerous journey, they set about to build

                                          one common house. The following year more house were built.  The people suffered
                                          a horrible winter with little food and severe weather.  



                                          In the spring, the Pilgrims started planting with the assistance of an Native American
                                          named Squanto. In the autumn, their harvest was plentiful. They held a harvest feast
                                          for three days to which several Native Americans were invited.
  
                                           In the United States, there are traditional foods which most Americans
                                           eat on that day.  This song
describes those foods.
                                       






A funny story for Thanksgiving

A Thanksgiving Story


   Introduction
 
Princess Mireleh lives with her father, King Lester, and mother Queen Beta. They live in the kingdom of Hopen Fliggen. King Lester is a very kind king and the people who live in his kingdom love him. He likes to do wonderful things for everyone...what a big heart he has! The King is wise in many ways, but there is one slight problem: he gets mixed up sometimes, and is goofy.  Well, no one can be perfect! 

 Click below to read what happens on Thanksgiving when an American family comes to visit , wanting to  show the royal family what Thanksgiving is all about.

Click for the story


Thanksgiving songs

Downloads  for these  and other Thanksgiving songs
including short versions are available free,
beginning at page 39 of

http://soundcloud.com/susan-maskin

or go directly
click for page 39  

click for page 40

                           1. I Love Thanksgiving, how about you?
                                                         a song for children


 


THE INSTRUMENTAL




LYRICS
Turkey, turkey yum, yum,yum,
On the table I'd like some-
With sweet potatoes , stuffing too,
I love Thanksgiving, how about you..
How about you...
Me too!
Turkey, turkey yum, yum,yum,
On the table I'd like some-
With cranberry sauce and corn to chew,
With sweet potatoes, stuffing too,
I love Thanksgiving, how about you?
How about you...
Me too!
Turkey, turkey yum, yum,yum,
On the table I'd like some-
With vegetables that the farmers grew,
With cranberry sauce and corn to chew,
With sweet potatoes and stuffing too,
I love Thanksgiving, how about you?
How about you...
Me too!
Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving,
A holiday each year,
I'm very glad, oh yes I'm glad,
Thankgiving 's really here.
Thanksgiving is a time to think
Of things we have to eat and drink.
And also other blessings too,
I love Thanksgiving, how about you?
How about you...
Me too!
Thanksgiving, It's Thanksgiving,
A holiday each year,
I'm glad, yes I'm very glad,
Thanksgiving time is here.


            Serving the Turkey                          (turkey adapted from clipart.com) 

                  2. I'm Thankful/ T is for the Turkey
                                    a song for children

                                                            

Instrumental






Lyrics
Oh, T is for the turkey that we eat Thanksgiving day.
And T is for terrific it tastes good in every way.
Oh T is for my tummy that loves sweet potatoes too,
And T is for the table where there's food the whole year through

Oh I'm thankful, I am thankful for the
good things that I've got.
I'm thankful yes I'm thankful, I am blessed to have a lot.
Well T is for the time we spend a loving family.
And T is for together talking very happily.
Oh T is for tomorrows we'll share many moments more,
I'm thankful for so many joys that there is still in store.
That's why I'm thankful, I'm thankful,
for all the things I've got..
I'm thankful, I'm thankful, I'm blessed to have a lot.
I'm thankful, I am thankful,I am thankful, I am thankful,
I am very, very thankful ...cause I'm blessed to have a lot.



Click here for many  other holiday songs
for children



No comments: