Tuesday, February 7, 2012



Monday, August 29, 2011


THE ART OF QUILTING

Quilting is a beautiful art form. Quilts have been made, probably, since fabrics have been made. The design possibilities are unlimited.

At the beginning of January, 2012, I started to do quilting. Knowing nothing about how it is done, I started putting pieces together as best I can.  My first design illustrates how new I am
to this artistic expression. After joining a quilting online group and looking at designs of
the experts, I realize how far I have to go to sail even on  a small tributary on the  quilting
river. (Hmmm, I hope that metaphor works!).  Seriously, what I have been seeing on the
websites and blogs of the group members reaches the ultimate heights of beauty. Their
quilts belong in a museum! 

However, I would like to share what I have so far. With the wonderful and generous advice
of the group members, I hope to improve. The bottom edges are cut off in the photo. I still
have to learn how to get some of the wrinkling out.
One of my other hobbies is creating computer designs. I thought that I could get some
ideas about quilt designs by putting the photo above on photoshop and making an edge.
It's a good way to test some ideas..



Well, I couldn't stop myself from turning the picture above into an abstract design for
my computer design blog.



I am looking forward to doing more and more.  I love this art form.

No comments: